1. How does Tom’s father usually go to work?
A. B. C.
2. What does Lucy often do on Saturday?
A. B. C.
3.What will the man do this weekend?
A. . B. C.
4. What is the girl’s favourite pet?
A. B. C. .
5. Which is Jack’s favourite city?
A. Paris. B. Tokyo. C. London.
6. What will the boy do tomorrow?
A. He’ll do his homework. B. He’ll go to work. C. He’ll do his housework.
7. Where does the boy have lunch?
A. In the restaurant. B. At home. C. At school.
8. What does the man want to do?
A. Climb hills. B. Go fishing. C. Go shopping.
9. What will the boy do this afternoon?
A. Have a party. B. Visit the old people. C. Go shopping.
10. How many teachers are there in the boy’s school?
A. 150. B. 3,0 80. C. 3,018.
11. What does Millie often do at weekends?
A. Go on a picnic. B. Visit a museum. C. Read in the reading room.
12. How often does Tommy go on a picnic?
A. Once a week. B. Twice a week. C. Once a year.
A trip to the Flower Park
Time This 13
How to get there 14
Things to do Allan wants to row a boat.
Alice wants to 15 .
13. A. Friday B. Saturday C. Sunday
14. A. On foot B. By bus C. By bike
15. A. go swimming B. have a picnic C. take photos
16. What are Jack and John good at?
A. English. B. Maths. C. Chinese.
17. What do Jack and John like to do in their holidays?
A. Play ping-pong and run. B. Swim and ride bikes. C. Swim and play basketball.
18. Where do Jack and John fly kites?
A. At school. B. In the park. C. Near the lake.
19.Who likes playing football?
A. Sam. B. John. C. Jack.
20. Who likes drawing pictures?
A. John. B. Jack. C. Sam.
21. —Who’s_______ pretty girl in pink over there?
—She’s a friend of_______.
A. a; mine B. the; his C. the; me D. a; her
22. —_______ I try on the white dress in the window?
—_______. It’s just on show.
A. Could; Yes, you can B. Can; Sorry, you couldn’t
C. Could; Sorry, you can’t D. C an: Yes, you could
23. There is a_______ over the bench saying “Wet Paint”. Don’t sit on it.
A. fact B. message C. talk D. sign
24. The careless boy lost his key, _______ he had to wait for his mom in the cold.
A. and B. or C. for D. so
25. The exchange_______ homes are in the UK.I want to take_______ to the Great Wall.
A students’; them B student’s; their
C students’, theirs D. student’s; they
26. The superman can burn things with his eyes._______ special his eyes are!
A. What B. What a C. How D. How a
27. —The fish_______ nice. Your mother is a great cook.
—Really? Try some, and you will like i t more.
A. tastes B. smells C. cooks D. sees
28. I put my hands ___________ her eyes to let her guess who I am.
A. outside B. off C. over D. behind
29. —Why are you carrying an umbrella? It’s not going to rain.
—To_______ myself from the sun.
A. protect B. save C. stop D. prepare
30. _______ knows anything about him because he never tells us_______ about himself.
A. Nobody; something B. Nobody; nothing
C. Nobody; anything D. Anybody; nothing
31. —Why are you in such a hurry, Mike?
—There_______ an NBA basketball game in ten minutes.
A. will be B. will have
C. is going to have D. are going to be
32. —You mustn’t swim here. Look at the sign. It_______ “No swimming”.
—Oh, I_______ notice it. Thanks for telling me.
A. says; don’t B. writes; don’t C. says; didn’t D. writes; didn’t
33. What a ______________ boy! Can’t you do everything_______________?
A. careful; carefully B. careless; carefully
C. car eful; carelessly D. careless; carelessly
34. — Where does he live?
— He lives in Room _______ on the ______ floor.
A. Three; third B. Three; three C. Third; third D. Third; three
35. —Big animals are a lot of trouble. Maybe you should keep a small pet, like a goldfish.
A. That’s all right. B. You’re welcome.
C. That’s a good idea. D. Never mind.
Jennifer was sitting on th e bench. ‘It’s getting 36 ,’ she thought. ‘I should go home.’ She wanted to know her parents’ reactions (反应) when she 37 home after the three days she was missing. It was really dark when she finally got to home’s front door. It was different 38 usual. 39 looked after the outside garden for 40 days. It was so strange because her father usually worked hard to keep everything 41 and tidy. She couldn’t understand what was going on. She walked into the 42 . First, she went into the kitchen 43 she saw a note written by her father. He said, ‘Dear Ellen, here is some coffee. I am looking for her out.’ Ellen was her mother, but 44 is she? She went to her parents’ room. She saw her there. Her 45 was lying on the bed and was sleeping. Her face looked so tired as if she wasn’t asleep for days. Jennifer wanted to wake her up. However, she looked too tired, 46 Jennifer just fell asleep beside her.
When Jennifer 47 , something was different: She wasn’t in her mother’s room and she wasn’t 48 the old clothes she ran away in. She was on her own bed. It felt so good being back home. Suddenly she 49 a voice, ‘Are you feeling better now, dear? You know you 50 us all very, very afraid.
36. A. ear ly B. late C. warm D. angry
37. A. got B. get C. gets D. will get
38. A. to B. from C. with D. as
39. A. Everybody B. Somebody C. Anybody D. Nobody
40. A. many B. lots of C. a few D. much
41. A. clean B. dirty C. quiet D. busy
42. A. school B. room C. house D. library
43. A. if B. or C. what D. and
44. A. when B. who C. where D. what
45. A. mother B. father C. friend D. sister
46. A. and B. so C. but D. though (尽管)
47. A. got up B. woke up C. put up D. cleaned up
48. A. putting on B. dressing C. wearing D. taking
49. A. heard B. listened C. sounded D. listened to
50. A. had B. told C. made D. gave
A These are all the messages that Helen got yesterday. Read them carefully and find the best answers to the questions.
51. What do you think "Hoppy Feet" is?
A. A book. B. A film. C. A song. D. A basketball match.
52. Who asked Helen to buy some milk and sugar?
A. Chris. B. Lisa. C. Jack. D. Steve.
53. What time can Helen get her computer back?
A. At 8 : 00 a. m. B. At 8 : 30 a. m.
C. At 6 : 00p. m. D. At 3 : 00 p. m.
Fire can be very dangerous. We should be careful with it. This is what to do in a fire:
●Shout out. Shout as loudly(高声地)as you can, because people may he asleep.
●Call 119. Don’t try to put out the fire yourself. Tell 119 where you are and what is on fire.
●Keep do wn next to the floor. There is less smoke down there, so it’s easier to breathe(呼吸)and see where you are going.
●Test the door. If the door is cool, open it carefully. If the door is hot, do not open it! Try to find a different way out.
●Get out. Do not stop to pick up anything. Afire can become very big in a few seconds!
●Don’t use the lift. Always use the stairs(楼梯).The lift may go wrong and keep you inside.
●Don’t go back. Even if your pet is still inside, do not go back for it. Animals have a very good sense(感觉)of smell. They often get away from buildings before people.
54. The passage tells us that we can_______ in a fire.
A. use the lift B. try to put out the fire ourselves
C. open the hot door and go out D. shout as loudly as possible
55. You should keep down next to the floor because_______
A. people may be asleep B. people can find you easily
C. there is less smoke down there D. you should look after your things carefully
56. If the door is hot, we should_______.
A. open it and get out B. find another way out
C. stop to pick up things D. go back for something
57. The lift is dangerous in a fire because_______.
A. it is too small B. it may go wrong
C. it may keep you inside D. both B and C
I went home one Saturday afternoon in the autumn of 1993 to get some work done in the garden. While sweeping leaves on the ground, my five-year-old son Nick came over and asked me to write something on a piece of paper to make a sign for him.
"What for?" I asked.
"I’m going to sell some of my stones," he answered.
Nick was fascinated with stones and had collected many stones (石头) from all over. "I’m too busy to do that for you. Go and ask your mum for help." I said.
A short time later, Nick returned with a sign, reading. "Stones. One Dollar Each". He took the sign, a small chair and 4 0f his best stones and walked to the road in front of our garden. There he put the stones in a line and sat down on the chair.
After half an hour, nobody passed by. I walked to him and asked him to go back, but he didn’t.
Another half hour later, a small car came down the road. I watched as Nick stood up, holding his sign up. A woman rolled down(摇下)a window and read the sign. I couldn’t hear their talk, but I saw the woman turn to the driver and the man reach for his pocket.
I sat in the yard, as Nick ran to me. Waving the dollar, he shouted. "I told you I could sell one stone for a dollar – if you believe in yourself, you can do anything."
58. Why didn’t the writer help his son?
A. Because his wife is better at making a sign.
B. Because he didn’t know what to write.
C. Because he was busy sweeping leaves.
D. Because he didn’t want his son to sell the stones.
59. The underlined words "was fascinated with" mean "_______".
A. was far from B. was afraid of C. was famous for D. was interested in
60. Nick was a boy_______.
A. who was kind B. who had a strong mind (愿望、决心、意志)
C. who was honest(诚实的) D. who had many hobbies
61. From the passage we know_________.
A. the story happened in spring B. the car was driven by a woman
C. Nick spent half an hour selling one stone D. the writer might be moved (感动)by his son
As students, you may have many dreams. They can be very big like becoming Superman, or they can be small. You may just want to become one of the ten best students in your class.
If you find a dream, what do you do with it? Do you ev er try to make your dream come true?
Follow Your Heart by Australian writer Andrew Matthews tells us that making our dreams come true is life’s biggest challenge.
“You may think you’re not very good at some school subjects, or that it is impossible (不可能) for you to become a star. These ideas stop you from getting your dream,” the book says.
In fact, everyone can make his dream come true . The first important thing you must do is to remember what your dream is.
Don’t let it leave your heart (心). Keep telling yourself what you want. Do this step by step (一步一步地) and your dream will come true faster. A big dream is, in fact, many small dreams.
Never give up (放弃) your dream. There will be difficulties on the road. But the biggest problem comes from yourself. You need to decide what is the most important. Studying instead of (代替) watching TV will bring you better exam points. Saving five yuan instead of buying an ice cream means you can buy a new book. When you get closer to your dream, it may change a little. Then you will be able to learn more skills and find new interests.
62. Follow Your Heart is _______.
A. the first thing you must do to make your dream come true
B. the most important dream to have for students
C. the name of a book by Andrew Matthews
D. the name of a famous Australian writer
63. From the text, we know the word “challenge” means _______.
A. 变化 B. 挑战 C. 决定 D. 态度
64. What should NOT you do to make your dream come true?
A. Watch TV to get better exam points.
B. Do what you should do step by step.
C . Always remember what your dream is.
D. Read more books, learn more skills and find new interests.
65. What is the best title (标题) of the text?
A. Keep Your Dream in Your Heart B. How to Find Your Dream
C. Make Your Dream Come True D. Students Have Many Dreams
66. Did you or __________in your family see a little boy in blue? (someone)
67. My mother is good at cooking __________food ? (west)
68. “Come on, I am the best!” he said to _________. (he)
69. I will go _________ with my friends this weekend.(ride)
70. Jenny always comes __________in her class. (one)
71. Thousands of __________ come to Yangzhou every year. (参观者)
72. Walk __________on and you’ll see the traffic lights.(径直地)
73. I __________some stories about this singer many years ago. (听说)
74.We are so excited to drive __________the Slender West Lake Tunnel(隧道).(通过)
75. The human brain(人脑) usually__________ about 1.4 kilograms, but it can hold much more information than most computers. (重)
Let me tell you about my hometown. I live in Kinsale. It may be one of the smallest towns in Southern Ireland, but it is also the most famous one.
The fish restaurants are very wonderful and there are many good cooks here. They cook the best fish for people. The food is expensive but people enjoy it very much. So you can see many people from different countries in every restaurant.
My town is very beautiful because it is by the sea. In summer it is very cool a nd you can go swimming in the sea. There are three small shops and you can buy your friends many souvenirs (纪念品) there. They are very cheap and you can pay a little money for them.
The people in my town are friendly. They can make friends with you. If you feel sick, there is a clinic (诊所)with a doctor and a nurse. I’m Andy. You can ask me for help when you have some trouble(困难，麻烦). I think you will enjoy the holiday.
Introduction(介绍) Andy’s 76 is in Kinsale.
77 it is one of the smallest towns in Southern Ireland. The town is 78 the sea.
79 to do There are many wonderful fish 80 . People can go 81 in the sea in summer. And you can also buy a lot of souvenirs 82 your friends, because the souvenirs are not 83 .
People there People who live in the town are very 84 . They would like to 85 friends with you. If you are in trouble, you can ask Andy to help you.
When I was a middle school student, I often had evening classes. Lily and I often walked home t 86 so I was not afraid.
But one evening, Lily didn’t go to school. I had to go home by myself after school. It was nearly 8:30p.m.. I walked q 87 as I was a little afraid. Suddenly I heard something s 88 behind me. I began to walk f 89 than before. And I s 90 could hear the sound. “Maybe s 91 is walking after me.” I said to m 92 . But I was afraid and didn’t dare(敢) to look back. I began to run .But when I was running the sound still came behind, and b 93 louder than before. It seemed that he was also running. Some sand (沙子) came i 94 my shoes. But I didn’t want to stop and just ran home.
Ten minutes later, I got home out of breath(上气不接下气). My father asked me, “What’s wrong with you, dear?” “Someone, someone is running after me.” My father h 95 outside. Nobody was there. Then he asked me to tell him about it. I told him everything. After that, he laughed, “Silly girl. There isn’t ghost in the world at all.”
101. 假如你是Daniel，请根据下列表格中的要点写一封推荐信，推荐你班的Simon 为本年度的青年奖获得者。
姓 名 Simon
性 格 善良，友好，乐于助人
爱 好 看书，打羽毛球，…….
学习情况 1. 各门功课成绩好，对历史知识了解很多。
2. 最喜欢英语，每天花很多时间练习说英语。3. ……
主要事迹 上周，一个八岁的小男孩迷了路，他把小男孩送到警察局，小男孩的父母很感谢他(be grateful to sb)。
2. 短文应包括表格内所有内容要点，不要逐条翻译，可适当发挥，使短文连贯通顺。 Dear Sir/ Madam,
I want to recommend Simon for this year’s Youth Award.
1-5 BCAB C 6-10 AABBA 11-15 BABAC 16-20 ABCCA
21-25 BCDDA 26-30 CBCAC 31-35 ACBAC
36-40 BABDC 41-45 ACDCA 46-50 BBCAC
51-53 BCD 54-57 DCBD 58-61 CDBD 62-65 CBAC
66. anyone 67. Western 68. himself 69. riding 70. first
71. visitors 72. straight 73. heard 74. through 75. weighs
76. hometown 77.Maybe/Perhaps 78.by 79.Things 80. restaurants
81. swimming 82.for 83. expensive 84. friendly/nice/kind 85.make
86. together 87.quickly 88. strange 89. faster 90.still
91. someone 92. myself 93. became 94. into 95. hurried
96. You should walk along the river next to the river.
97. He will have to /has to look after/take care of his mother in hospital.
98. If you want to learn more about the history of Yangzhou/Yangzhou history, don’t miss today’s report/the report today.
99. Believe it or not, I could /was able to play the violin at the age of 5.
100. He was brave enough to put out the fire in the dining room last week.
Dear Sir/ Madam,
I want to recommend Simon for this year’s Youth Award. He is kind, friendly and helpful. He likes reading and playing badminton. He is good at organizing class activities. Simon is a top student and has good grades in all subjects. He knows a lot about history. He likes English best. He spends a lot of time practicing speaking English every day. Last week, a little boy lost his way. Simon took him to the police station. The boy’s parents were very grateful to him.
I will be very happy if he can get this award. I’m looking forward to hearing from you soon.
1.W: Does your father usually go to work by bus, Tom?
M: No, he usually goes to work by bike. It’s good for his health.
2.M：How do you spend your weekend, Lucy?
W: I often play the piano on Saturday and dance on Sunday.
3. M: I will go swimming this weekend. What about you?
W: I will go cycling.
4. M: What pet do you like best?
W: I have two cats at home. But I like rabbits best.
5. W: Which city do you like best, Jack?
M: My favourite city is the capital of England.
6. W: Will you be free tomorrow?
M: I’m afraid not. I’ll have a lot of homework to do.
7. W: Do you have lunch at home?
M: No, my parents don't come home for lunch. My home is just next to a restaurant and I usually have lunch there.
8. W: Would you like to climb hills this Saturday?
M: No. Why not go fishing?
9. W: I’ll have a party at my home this afternoon. Would you like to come?
M: I'd like to, but my parents will take me to visit the old people.
10.W: How many students and teachers are there in your school?
M: There are 150 teachers and 3,080 students.
第二部分 听对话和短文回答问题 (计10分，每小题1分)
M: What do you like to do at weekends, Millie?
W: I like to visit a museum.
M: How often do you visit a museum?
W: About twice a month. What about you, Tommy?
M: I like to go on a picnic with my family.
W: How often do you go on a picnic?
M: About once a week.
W: That’s great.
Alice is going to Flower Park with Allan this Saturday , because there is a flower show there on Saturday . The park is next to their school , so they are going there on foot . In the park , there is a lake in the centre . Allan wants to row a boat there and Alice looks forward to taking photos of flowers .
My name is Sam. I have two good friends. They are Jack and John. They are twins. Both of them are good at English. They like to swim and ride bikes in their holidays. They like to fly kites too. They often fly kites near the lake. But they are not all the same. Jack likes playing football, but John likes playing ping-pong. Jack likes listening to music, but John likes drawing pictures. They often help each other. Do you like them? Would you like to make friends with them?