operate的用法2：operate也可作“对…施行手术”“产生影响”解。此时常接介词on,再接某人或某人的某个部位。如果表达“为某人施某种手术”,则用介词for来引出“某种手术”,即operate on sb for sth,这种结构可用于被动形式。
1. The device is manually operated, using a simple handle.
2. A first-class worker, she operated the difficult Jacquard looms.
3. This is an entirely computer operated system which is very user friendly.
4. Williams operated the smuggling scheme in league with his brother.
5. Coin-operated telephones took 100, 200 and 500 lire coins.
6. Services could be operated more efficiently and economically.
7. She co-operated with her abductor.
8. The machine can be remotely operated and monitored.
9. The secret service operated against the enemy during the war.
10. This famous doctor has operated on many important people.
11. The worker operated the machine expertly; we admired him greatly.
12. The doors can be manually operated in the event of fire.
13. The bullet wound gangrened and had to be operated.
14. This radar is operated by an electronic pulse.
15. This kind of punch is easily operated.