我的暑假My Summer Holiday
Good morning, my dear fellows. I am happy to see all of our classmates come back to school. I would like to share my life in holiday with you. This summer holiday, I spent most of my time in playing, like watching TV, playing games, outing with friends and so on. But I also pay attention to my study. For example, I like watching the educational TV programs, so that I can both have fun and learn something new at the same time. Besides, I get up early to do some morning reading to practice my English. Of course, I finish my summer exercises on time. In short, my summer holiday is colorful and meaningful. How about your life in summer holiday? I am eager to know.
1) The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.对明天做好的准备就是今天做到最好!
2) The reason why a great man is great is that he resolves to be a great man.伟人之所以伟大，是因为他立志要成为伟大的人。
3) Suffering is the most powerful teacher of life.苦难是人生最伟大的老师。
4) Adversity is a good discipline.苦难是磨练人的好机会。
5) A man can't ride your back unless it is bent.你的腰不弯，别人就不能骑在你的背上。
6) Although again sweet candy, also has a bitter day.即使再甜的糖，也有苦的一天。
7) Sharp tools make good work.工欲善其事，必先利其器。
8) Never put off what you can do today until tomorrow.今日事今日毕!
9) Wasting time is robbing oneself.浪费时间就是掠夺自己。
10) The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.世界上对勇气的最大考验是忍受失败而不丧失信心。
11) A man's best friends are his ten fingers.人最好的朋友是自己的十个手指。
12) Only they who fulfill their duties in everyday matters will fulfill them on great occasions.只有在日常生活中尽责的人才会在重大时刻尽责。
A small boy and his father were having a walk in the country when it suddenly began to rain very hard. They did not have their umbrella with them， and there was nowhere to hide from the rain， so they were soon very wet， and the small boy did not feel very happy. For a long time while they were walking home through the rain， the boy was thinking. Then at last he turned to his father and said to him，“Why does it rain， Father? It isn't very nice， is it?” “No， it isn't very nice， but it's very useful，Tom，”answered his father.“It rains to make the fruit and the vegetables grow for us， and to make the grass grow for the cows and sheep.” Tom thought about this for a few seconds， and then he said，“Then，why does it rain on the road too， Father?”
一个小男孩和他的父亲正在乡间行走，突然下起了大雨。 他们没带伞，加上四下无处可以躲雨，所以很快他们浑身上下被淋湿了，小男孩感到很不好受。 他们在雨中朝家走去，有好一会儿，那个男孩一直在思索着什么。后来终于他朝父亲转过脸去，问他说：“爸爸，为什么天会下雨呢?下雨可不太好，是吧?” “是呀，下雨是不太好，可是下雨也有很多有益的地方，汤姆。”父亲回答说。“老天爷下雨促使了为我们所食用的水果和蔬菜的生长，同样也促使牛羊所吃的青草的生长。” 汤姆对父亲的这番话想了一会，然后说：“那么，父亲，老天爷为什么还要把雨下在路上呢?”